Random word #1: Underwater

on Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Underwater

Meaning: To be underneath the water.
Example:
  • Carl: I want to hold my breath underwater!
  • Mark: Ok, do it! I'll count.
  • Carl: *splash*
  • Mark: One...two...three...
  • Carl: *splash* Ah!!! I just saw a shark! Run!!!
oh, it was just a turtle...
How to use this word: Use this word/adjective when someone or something is TOTALLY inside the water. If everything is NOT inside the water, then it is NOT underwater.

This man is IN the water, but he is NOT underwater.

But, you can still say that his mouth IS underwater.

Ok, I don't know if it helps, but if you have any questions, comment below please!

2 comments:

jimmy and mikensi said...

If you hold a glass above your head full of water, does that count as being underwater?

Mark Bacera said...

Technically, that would be "under water"... :)

Post a Comment