Pronunciation #1: Were, where, war?

on Friday, October 19, 2012

Were VS. Where VS. War

A lot of students have a hard time with pronouncing these words. A lot of students say, "they all sound the same!!!" So, let's try to do it right!

Meanings:
  • Were: The past tense of the verb "are" used with "you" or "we".
  • Where: Question word used to find location/places.
  • War: Fighting, battle.
Example:
  • Were: We were tired yesterday.
  • Where: Where is Disneyland?
  • War: My dad fought in the war.
where is Disneyland?

Pronunciation:
All the W sounds are the same. Try saying the words like this:


Try it, you'll hear a big difference! I promise~<
When you're ready try to say "Where were you in the war?"

Still don't understand? Comment below!

2 comments:

jimmy and mikensi said...

You know what all sounds the same? Their, there, and they're. What is this world coming to!?

Mark Bacera said...

I love it! I feel like I should make my next blog post about those words!!! >_<

Post a Comment