Idiom #11: Turn your back on

on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Turn your back on

Meaning: To leave someone when they need your help.

Example:
  • Shelly: Mark can you help me with my homework?
  • Mark: Sure, no problem!
  • Mark: . . .
  • Shelly: What's wrong?
  • Mark: This is Math...not English...sorry...bye bye
  • Shelly: Wait! Don't go!!!
The next day...
  • Shelly: Mark...I really needed your help, but you turned your back on me!
  • Mark: Sorry...
  • teacher, please help me!

    Origin: This one is simple. When a person can't help you, they turn around and walk away. Well, what do see when someone walks away? You see their back! So just think about that!

    By the way, never turn your back on a friend. Ok!?


    If you have any questions, comment below!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment