Idiom #16: Between a Rock and a hard place

on Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Between a rock and a hard place

Meaning: You are in the middle of two or more hard choices.

Example:
  • Mary: Shelly, I'm between a rock and a hard place!
  • Shelly: Why? What's wrong?
  • Mary: I have plans to go to Japan next month, but...
  • Shelly: But...!?
  • Mary: One of my good friends just told me she's getting married next month too!
  • Shelly: Oh no!!! Those are two hard choices huh?!
help me...

Origin: Some people say "between a rock and a hard spot"; they both mean the same thing. "Rocks" are hard, and of course, "hard places" are hard! Please imagine yourself in this situation. You want to get out, but wherever you go is "hard" and maybe "hurts".


Questions? Comment below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment